How far is the Airport?
The Punta Cana International airport (tel/ 809 959 2376 www.puntacanainternationalairport.com ) is approximately 8KM from the main entrance gate of Cap Cana. La Romana airport, 35 minutes and Santo Domingo airport approx. 1.45 hours.
Can you provide (Airport) transportation?
Yes. We can send a trusted driver with a Van to pick you up. Please provide us with your flight details. The driver will have a sign with your name. You can pay the driver directly and keep his number for future transportation needs during your stay. US$40 Airport – Property in Cap Cana (up to 6 people – depending on luggage) + US$15 extra if he takes you the large supermarket first
How do we get to the unit?
You can rent- a car at the airport (all major companies are represented- free parking for all units / please be patient, delivery can be slow) or take a Taxi. Leaving the Punta Cana airport take a right. Take the 1st or 2nd road to your left direction Cap Cana (depending what your arrival gate is) and continue this road to the main entrance of Cap Cana. Approximately a 10 minute drive. You will be registered at the gate.
How will we access Cap Cana and get the keys?
Please inform us on your expected arrival time and if you can, call or send us a message as soon as you are leaving the airport. We will be waiting at the property for your check in. Check In time is between 2PM and 6PM unless agreed upon otherwise. Please provide us with the names of all guests to have them registered at the main gate. Unregistered overnight guests are not allowed.
Where is the nearest grocery store?
The large supermarket ‘NACIONAL’ is located in front of the Punta Cana Airport, in the Punta Cana Village. Within Cap Cana you find a Deli in the Marina and minimarket and pharmacy in Las Canas (Delivery) tel. 809 469 7591. Do you provide grocery shopping services? Yes, you can send us your list. Service charge of US$25 + cost of groceries.
What items are available in the unit?
You will find the following items in the property upon your arrival; salt / pepper / coffee (no filters needed) / paper towels / dish detergent & sponge / detergent / Toilet paper / soap / some basic cleaning products. NO refills of these and perishable items are provided during your stay. Are linens & towels provided? Yes, linens and towels are provided. The beds will be made and extra linens are in the closet. Please use the Beach towels to go to the pool & beach and make sure to return them.
Do you provide cleaning service?
Yes. The property is clean upon your arrival and we will clean upon departure. Extra cleaning services can be
contracted for US$25 per service or as agreed upon otherwise (apartments).
Do you provide chef services?
Yes, we have a chef that can prepare your meals at your unit. US$150 for complete days and 3 meals (+cost of food). Please confirm with your reservation to ensure he is availability.
Does the unit have internet / Phone?
Most of our properties have Free WIFI internet. Please ask for your access code upon check in. At the Lobby of your property you will also find free internet service. Local Phone We have rechargeable local phone available for US$25 p/stays up to 1 week. No phones in the units.
Where are the nearest restaurants & bars?
Cap Cana offers a variety of Restaurants & Bars.
What activities are in Cap Cana?
1) Caleton Beach Club, Palapa Restaurant / Gourmet on the beach / tel. 809 469 7491
2) Mediterraneo, Eden Roc hotel / Gourmet international food / tel 809 469 7469
3) Bella Vista, Punta Espada Golf / lunch / tel 809 469 7767
4) Little John at Juanillo Beach /- informal beach food / tel. 809 469 7727
5) La MONA / Upscale beach food at Juanillo
6) Blue Marlin, Sanctuary Hotel / Seafood / tel 809 562 9191
7) Il Cielo -/ Mariner’s -/ Bistro Argentina -/ Pool Grill, Al Sol Luxury Village / tel. 809 469 7680
8) Xoxolati -/ Panasiatioco Blue Lotus, Al Sol Tiara / tel. 809 469 7560
9) Club AcquaMare, Marina Cap Cana / Asian flavors / tel. 809 469 7342
10) Il Capuccino, Marina Cap Cana / Italian & Pizza / tel. 809 469 7095
11) La Tasca de la Mono, Marina Cap Cana / tel. 809 469 7666
12) Api Beach, Marina Cap Cana / informal Beach food / tel. 809 469 7660
13) Arroceria Valencia, FishingLodge, Marina Cap Cana / tel. 809 469 7680
14) Il Portico, FishingLodge, Marina Cap Cana / Italian / tel. 809 469 7236
15) Meregue -/ Raices -/ Spanish Verando, AlSol del Mar / tel. 809 469 7520
16) Cafeina, Las Canas / coffee & breakfast / tel. 809 469 7679
17) Spot ‘El Chimi’ , Las Canas / ‘chimies’ / tel. 809 698 7506
18) Cavalier Grili, Los Establos /- Grill / tel. 809 469 7770
19) Maraca, Las Canas / Dominican Lunch / tel. 809 469 7233
Many more options at the Punta Cana Village, and ofcourse in the Bavaro region.
Bars / Riva Bar at Eden Roc, LOVE bar at Sanctuary, Caleton Beach Club, Juanillo Beach, Api Beach, Il Capuccino Marina, Le Salon at FishingLodge, La Taberna de Charlo, L’Stella Cigar lounge, Versus terrace and lounge, Al Sol del Mar at SotoGrande. Lobby bar at Tiara hotel.
So much to do and so little time.... Ask your property manager for the activities program and SPECIAL EVENTS during your stay.
Do I have discounted rates for the Punta Espada Golf Course?
- Visit the SCAPE PARK Cap Cana, for Buggy tours, Zip-line, Cave tours, Catamaran tours and a refreshing dive in the ’Holo Azul’ (sweet water lagoon). Tel. 809 469 7484 www.scapepark.com.
- Watersports variety at the Juanillo Beach.
- Marina Fishing -White & Blue Marlin tournaments during the summer season www.islandmarinepuntacana.com
- Tennis courts at the Golden Bear Lodge. Available through reservation at the concierge of GBL (809-469-7425) with a cost of US$20 per court/hour and if used a night there is an extra energy charge of US$10 per hour/tennis court. Junior pro available with an extra cost (8AM-6PM).
- Paddle course at the Marina Beach. Information at Api Restaurant.
- Spa / Salon & Gym services in the Marina (PowerFit), Tiara hotel, Golden Bear Lodge, Fishing Lodge and Sanctuary & Eden Roc Hotel and Caleton Beach Club.
- Juanillo Beach for live music events.
- Excursion program / ask at your arrival.
YES, These are your discounted rates. Tel. 809 469 7767 firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I charter a boat for Fishing & Snorkeling?
Our Guest rates from November 22nd 2016 - April 16th 2017, are:
US$295 p/p during the day
Twilight after 1:00 pm: US$225
2 rounds package US$560 p/p
Enjoy one of these charter options www.dharafishingcharters.com
Which beaches can I go to?
- Enjoy the 2KM, large, FAMOUS, Juanillo Beach. Free access and parking. Activities and beach chairs available with consummation. Hip & Young and also inviting for a long romantic stroll, regular music events are organized.
How do I get around in Cap Cana?
- La MONA, exclusive beach experience, Juanillo.
- Enjoy the waves at the SotoGrande Beach & Pool.
- Spend the day in the Marina and enjoy the boats, restaurants and Api Beach.
- For a total exclusive, luxurious, experience, spend the day at the Private Caleton Beach Club by Eden Roc. www.edenroccapcana.com Pool, Beach, Restaurant, Bar & Cocos kids club. Limited access and a fees apply. Tel. +1 809 469 7491 email@example.com
We offer for rent deluxe golf carts (Gem) with large range for 4 persons. US$60 or US$70 p/day depending season (+ taxes if paid by cc). Or call the internal taxi shuttle service. US$3 per way Tel. +1 829 761 6061. Bicycle Cap Cana has special bike roads throughout. We have a sports-mountain bike and 1 regular bike available for rent for US$15 a day p/u.
How can I pay?
The official currency is RD$ peso but US$ dollars (US$1 = RD$46 approx.) and Euro are often accepted as well. Mayor credit cards are accepted in the main stores and restaurants. American Express NOT everywhere. BDI Bank can be found at the marina tel. 809 469 7301. ATM machines will dispense pesos only. Taxis, R/E Consultants and smaller establishments, cash only.
How far is medical service?
Within Cap Cana we have medical- emergency and ambulance service tel. 809 695 5501 / 809 669 7724. A dentist can be found in Las Canas tel. 809 469 7591. The closest, international hospital (Hospiten tel 809 686 1414) is approximately 15KM outside Cap Cana. International insurances are accepted there.
Cap Cana Security & Fire Brigade tel. 809 695 5501 / 809 669 8843. Or R/E Consultants
How safe is it?
The Dominican Republic is a tourist destination with visitors from all over the world. The Punta Cana airport received over 4M visitors last year. Although we are still a 3rd world country, we have a strong, growing economy. Safety is a priority for everyone here and very much under control. Cap Cana is a gated community with a controlled access. You will be registered at the main gate. You will find private security within the resort. Your unit has a safe and we recommend you use it for your valuables. Please read the operational instructions.
Insider local tips...
CocoBongo Show & Disco. NOAH restaurant (20 min). Eden Roc – Riva Bar live Jazz music. Day trip with lunch either in rent- a car or private driver = Boca de Yuma for fried fish and authentic Dominican Experience. Macao Beach with enormous waves and surfing as well as fried fish. Montana Redonda amazing views. Ask for details upon your arrival.